The numbers are in, and they are impressive. The Texas Central high-speed rail project can have a substantial and long lasting impact on the state’s economy. Our proposed and unprecedented private investment would spur economic development, create tens of thousands of jobs and infuse billions of dollars of tax revenue into the state and local communities. Here are the facts…
Accelerate the Texas Economy at High-Speed
- $10 Billion = The amount Texas Central is estimated to spend during the design and construction of the rail project
- $36 Billion = The potential cumulative economic impact of the project’s construction and operation through 2040.
- $38 Billion = The estimated economic impact of potential new private development through 2040 near the project’s planned North Texas, Houston and Brazos Valley Stations.
- 40,000 = The number of jobs potentially created during the initial 4 years of construction alone.
- 1,000 = Estimated number of Texas Central employees potentially required all along the rail line corridor.
- 4,000 = Estimated additional jobs created indirectly as a result of the project.
- $2.5 Billion = The amount of direct tax revenue that the Texas Central project could pay between now and 2040.