The Analyst, Project Finance will report to the Managing Director, Capital Markets, and will join the finance team as a key member to support raising debt and equity capital for the construction and operation of the high-speed rail system. You will support the finance team in conducting due diligence, identifying project risks and mitigants, financial modeling and preparing presentations/marketing materials. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious and proactive in taking responsibility. The environment is fast-paced and you must be able to effectively prioritize and manage changing priorities. There are times when you will be expected to work late hours to meet deadlines.
Texas Central Description
Texas Central is an investor-owned enterprise with a mission to build the first commercially viable, privately-sponsored high speed rail system serving the public as a common carrier in the United States. The Company will utilize the Japanese Shinkansen N700 which is the safest and best technology to meet the engineering, operating and environmental challenges and conditions in Texas. The sponsor and developer of this initiative is Texas Central Partners, LLC. Texas Central is looking to hire energetic and passionate individuals to work in a team environment to complete this revolutionary project in Texas.
- Work with financial advisors and other consultants to conduct due diligence and identify risks and solutions to mitigate those risks.
- Working under supervision from the team, assist in conducting cash flow modeling, sensitivity analysis, calculating equity returns and maintaining the financial model as the definitive model for the project.
- Produce informational / marketing materials that convey a clear understanding of the project and tell a concise story.
- Keep team members informed on status and progress of key assignments to ensure overall objectives and timing are met.
- Organize and coordinate internal and external meetings including preparation of agendas and other materials.
- Administer and maintain a data room.
- Perform related duties and participate in special projects as required.
- Minimum 1 year’s experience in project finance, structured finance, mergers and acquisitions, real estate or other role which requires analysis of cash flows.
- Proven financial modeling skills including building models, modeling of cash flows and sensitivity analysis. Expert in Microsoft Excel and Visual Basic.
- Detail oriented and well organized and can maintain and track deliverables through resolution.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a strong work ethic and high energy level and is able to work independently and think strategically.
- Team player with a strong sense of personal and professional ethics.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects at the same time while managing expectations of deliverables
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) necessary for financial modeling and preparation of presentations.
- Familiarity with building, maintaining and administering large data rooms with many users.
- BA or equivalent degree required with MBA preferred. Sound knowledge of finance and accounting.
Contact: Please send cover letter and resume to yallaboard@TexasCentral.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject of your email.
Salary is commensurate with experience.