Texas Central is seeking a communications and outreach professional to create communities of supporters along the route and give them a voice to champion the Texas Bullet Train to their family, friends, neighbors, community leaders and elected officials.
Texas Central Description
Texas Central is an investor-owned enterprise with a mission to build the first commercially viable, privately-sponsored high speed rail system serving the public as a common carrier in the United States. The Company will utilize the Japanese Shinkansen N700 which is the safest and best technology to meet the engineering, operating and environmental challenges and conditions in Texas. The sponsor and developer of this initiative is Texas Central Partners, LLC. Texas Central is looking to hire energetic and passionate individuals to work in a team environment to complete this revolutionary project in Texas.
- Coordinate with Regional Vice President, External Affairs to help develop, refine, and execute a strategic plan to communicate and coordinate with individual stakeholders in communities along the route between Houston and Dallas.
- Coordinate with Regional Vice President, External Affairs to promote the Texas Bullet train in the region of responsibility and facilitate dialogue between the communities and the project.
- Recruit champions for the Bullet Train and create opportunities for them to publicly support the train.
- Identify opportunities to engage with and and give presentations to community organizations.
- As needed, schedule meetings with elected officials and community leaders in each county in region of responsibility. Attend for or with Texas Central leadership as appropriate.
- Identify and participate in various events occurring along the route. Register, prepare for, and work at these events as necessary.
- Ensure activity is coordinated with:
- Media and digital campaigns.
- Legislative efforts.
- Real Estate, Regulatory and Design Build
- Help with wide variety of activities conducted by the External Affairs division of Texas Central on an as needed basis.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, business or related
- Experience in corporate communications
- Extremely organized with a mind for process, a keen eye for detail and the ability to
manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent writer and editor able to create content across a variety of channels
- Highly effective communicator able to work on, and bring together, multiple projects
- High-energy self-starter able to develop creative solutions that positively impact the
- Experience in the transportation or infrastructure industry a big plus
Mix of work from home and office
As soon as possible
Please send cover letter and resume to yallaboard@TexasCentral.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject of your email.
Texas Central is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities