The Director, Corporate Communications will be based in Dallas, report to the Managing Director of External Affairs, and will be responsible for the strategy and day-to-day project management for a variety of company communication initiatives on both an organizational and tactical level. This includes both internal and external communications.
Texas Central Description
Texas Central is an investor-owned enterprise with a mission to build the first commercially viable, privately-sponsored high speed rail system serving the public as a common carrier in the United States. The Company will utilize the Japanese Shinkansen N700 which is the safest and best technology to meet the engineering, operating and environmental challenges and conditions in Texas. The sponsor and developer of this initiative is Texas Central Partners, LLC. Texas Central is looking to hire energetic and passionate individuals to work in a team environment to complete this revolutionary project in Texas.
- Create, communicate and maintain project plans including timelines, team meetings, project status updates, escalating internal issues and assisting in issue resolution.
- Interact with key internal stakeholders to create strategies and tactics to keep staff and partners informed of company and project developments and organizational changes.
- Lead development of communication strategies across the company and with partner organizations, seeing through the execution of plans.
- Be able to operate in a start-up environment with flexibility and focus.
- Support development and execution of company’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives.
- Proactively make recommendations to senior leadership in order to continually improve the communications process and increase employee engagement .
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, business or related .
- 10+ years’ experience in corporate communications.
- Extremely organized with a mind for process, a keen eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent writer and editor able to create and edit content across a variety of channels .
- Highly effective communicator, who is able to work on, and bring together, multiple project teams and departments.
- High-energy self-starter, who is able to develop creative solutions that positively impact the business.
- Experience in the transportation or infrastructure industry a big plus.
- Knowledge of the Houston, North Texas and Brazos Valley communities is a plus.
As soon as possible
Please send cover letter and resume to yallaboard@TexasCentral.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject of your email.
Texas Central is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities