The Director, Corporate Communications will report to the Managing Director of External Affairs, and will be responsible for the day-to-day project management for a variety of company communication initiatives on both an organizational and tactical level.
About Texas Central
Texas Central is an investor-owned enterprise with a mission to build the first commercially viable, privately-sponsored high speed rail system serving the public as a common carrier in the United States. The Company will utilize the Japanese Shinkansen N700 which is the safest and best technology to meet the engineering, operating and environmental challenges and conditions in Texas. Texas Central is looking to hire energetic and passionate individuals to work in a team environment to complete this revolutionary project in Texas.
Key Responsibilities Will Comprise:
- Create, communicate and maintain project plans including timelines, team meetings, project status updates, escalating internal issues and assisting in issue resolution
- Interact with key internal stakeholders to create strategies and tactics to keep staff and partners informed of company and project developments and organizational changes
- Lead development of communication strategies across the company and with partner organizations, seeing through the execution of plans
- When required, serve as spokesman for the company externally
- Support development and execution of company’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives
- Proactively make recommendations to senior leadership in order to continually improve the communications process and increase employee engagement
- Ensure that all O&M Transportation elements of the high-speed rail program are delivered within scope, quality standards, budget and schedule throughout the duration of the entire project.
- Assist in development of all the necessary plans, documents, and cost estimates necessary to achieve Financial Close.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, business or related
- 10+ years’ experience in corporate communications
- Extremely organized with a mind for process, a keen eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent writer and editor able to create content across a variety of channels
- Highly effective communicator able to work on, and bring together, multiple project teams and departments
- High-energy self-starter able to develop creative solutions that positively impact the business
- Experience in the transportation or infrastructure industry a big plus
Please send cover letter and resume to yallaboard@TexasCentral.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject of your email.
Texas Central is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities