Renfe, Texas Central’s Operations and Maintenance Partner is seeking an experienced professional to join our O&M partner team to help us in the development and writing of Railroad Operational and Maintenance Plans, ensuring that plans capture and reflect the collective knowledge of the company and its O&M partners.
The candidate will assist in documenting, writing and publishing documents and presentations to describe Texas Central policies, processes and procedures for Operational and Maintenance.
The Engineer Technical Writer will integrate into the O&M team.
Texas Central Description
Texas Central is an investor-owned enterprise with a mission to build the first commercially viable, privately-sponsored high speed rail system serving the public as a common carrier in the United States. The Company will utilize the Japanese Shinkansen N700 which is the safest and best technology to meet the engineering, operating and environmental challenges and conditions in Texas. The sponsor and developer of this initiative is Texas Central Partners, LLC. Texas Central is looking to hire energetic and passionate individuals to work in a team environment to complete this revolutionary project in Texas.
- Write and prepare plans, manuals, and other supporting documents to describe and communicate complex and technical information.
- Capture all operating policies, plans and procedures related to train operations and train dispatching, including operating rules development, train and engine crew qualification and training, train dispatcher qualifications and training, high-speed train service planning, operating rules compliance oversight program, transportation-related performance, FRA operations regulations and other equivalents.
- Document the initial draft Standard Operating Procedures for the high-speed rail system.
- Document the plan for hiring and training personnel to support mobilization, temporary operations during the design/build phase, and start-up and continuation of revenue service.
- Document the Project and Railroad System Safety and Security Plan and Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Present policies and procedures necessary to support general control center, normal and emergency train operations and maintenance operation activities along the railroad.
- Manage the coordination of written products among project workgroups during project development.
- Understand complex information and communicate the information to people with diverse professional backgrounds.
- Develop, gather, and disseminate technical information among partners and stakeholders.
- Study and analyze technical documentation to make proposals and suggest improvements.
- Work with technical staff to make plans, process and procedures easier to understand.
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding of using commercially available computer software tools.
- Standardize content across platforms and media.
- Revise documents as new issues arise.
- Conduct research on their topics through personal observation, library and Internet research, and discussions with technical specialists.
- Assist in ensuring that all railroad operating plans, policies, and procedures are written in a way to be consistent with FRA regulations.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university related to mechanical or electrical engineering or similar discipline.
- At least five years of experience writing technical plans and documents
- Demonstrated technical writing, data management, verbal communication, presentation, and teaching skills.
- Demonstrated experience working and coordinating with multi-partner projects as well as a thorough knowledge of the transport industry
- Computer skills (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint); valid driver’s license; the ability to access locations under active construction; and the ability to travel to the field and work days, nights, and weekends as needed.
- Spanish language capability a prerequisite.
- Ability upon hiring to work in the United States.
As soon as possible
Please send cover letter and resume to yallaboard@TexasCentral.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject of your email.
Texas Central is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities