Renfe, Texas Central’s Operations and Maintenance Partner is seeking an experienced professional to join our O&M partner team to lead and manage the development all FRA-related activities and FRA required documents prior to the start-up of service to ensure that all Railroad Operational and Maintenance plans and procedures are compliance with FRA requirements.
The FRA Expert Engineer will integrate into the O&M team.
Texas Central Description
Texas Central is an investor-owned enterprise with a mission to build the first commercially viable, privately-sponsored high speed rail system serving the public as a common carrier in the United States. The Company will utilize the Japanese Shinkansen N700 which is the safest and best technology to meet the engineering, operating and environmental challenges and conditions in Texas. The sponsor and developer of this initiative is Texas Central Partners, LLC. Texas Central is looking to hire energetic and passionate individuals to work in a team environment to complete this revolutionary project in Texas.
- Participation as part of Texas Central’s management team to interface with federal, state and local officials, the Texas Department of Transportation, county and city officials, business community leaders, in promoting Texas Central’s high-speed rail services.
- Coordination with TCRR and the FRA and ensure that all transportation operating plans, policies, and procedures are consistent with FRA regulations.
- Participation in meetings with the Company and the FRA, other regulators, other railroads and key stakeholders as required.
- Assistance on any activity related to write the Proposed Rule Text submitted under the Company’s Petition for Rulemaking for a Rule of Particular Applicability (RPA.
- Coordination, development and submission of all FRA required documents (and other regulatory requirements yet to be determined) defined by the TCRR Proposed Rule Text, inclusive of applicable Rules of General applicability found in Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Supporting the Company in planning for and implementing the FRA New Starts Program requirements.
- Assuring that the Operating Plan incorporates and is consistent with JRC operating procedures and standards as modified to be compliant with FRA regulations and the Proposed Rule Text, as well as relevant existing railroad practices in the United States.
- Reviewing the Operating Rule Book to assure that it incorporates all requirements to allow TCRR to submit to the FRA for review and approval. .
- Developing, revising or modifying all Company draft or approved rules and procedures as necessary to comply with regulations and rules promulgated by the FRA and other relevant federal and state authorities.
- Creating and implementing processes for all required FRA required logs, record and documentation.
- Preparation of required Inspection, Testing and Maintenance (“ITM”) documentation.
- Develop documentation as to how TCRR will achieve compliance with FRA safety regulations.
- Write and prepare plans, manuals, and other supporting documents to describe and communicate complex and technical information relative to FRA activities.
- Manage the coordination of written products among project workgroups during project development.
- Understand complex information and communicate the information to people with diverse professional backgrounds.
- Develop, gather, and disseminate technical information among partners and stakeholders.
- Study and analyze technical documentation to make proposals and suggest improvements.
- Work with technical staff to make plans, process and procedures easier to understand.
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding using commercially available computer software tools.
- Standardize content across platforms and media.
- Revise documents as new issues arise.
- Conduct research on their topics through personal observation, library and Internet research, and discussions with technical specialists.
- Assist in ensuring that all railroad operating plans, policies, and procedures are written in a way to be consistent with FRA regulations.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university related to engineering, transportation, or similar field preferred.
- At least ten years of experience in railroad operations, preferably passenger operations, it is a plus any experience on previous rules qualification on NORAC, GCOR or equivalent rules.
- Demonstrated experience working and coordinating with the Federal Railway Administration as well as a thorough knowledge of the railway regulatory framework for passenger rail, preferably including alternative compliance procedures.
- Experience with introduction of new technologies, testing and commissioning of systems preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working and coordinating with multi-partner projects as well as a thorough knowledge of the transport industry
- Demonstrated effective writing, data management, verbal communication, presentation, and teaching skills.
- Computer skills (including Excel, Word, Power Point); valid driver’s license; the ability to access locations under active construction; and the ability to travel to the field and work days, nights, and weekends as needed.
- Ability upon hiring to work in the United States.
As soon as possible
Please send cover letter and resume to yallaboard@TexasCentral.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject of your email.
Texas Central is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities