Renfe, Texas Central’s Operations and Maintenance Partner is seeking an experienced professional to join our O&M partner team to help us in the development and writing of Railroad Operational and Maintenance Plans, ensuring that plans capture and reflect the collective knowledge of the company and its O&M partners.
The candidate will assist in documenting, writing and publishing documents and presentations to describe Texas Central processes and procedures for Operations and Maintenance. The candidate will integrate into the O&M team.
Texas Central Description
Texas Central is an investor-owned enterprise with a mission to build the first commercially viable, privately-sponsored high speed rail system serving the public as a common carrier in the United States. The Company will utilize the Japanese Shinkansen N700 which is the safest and best technology to meet the engineering, operating and environmental challenges and conditions in Texas. The sponsor and developer of this initiative is Texas Central Partners, LLC. Texas Central is looking to hire energetic and passionate individuals to work in a team environment to complete this revolutionary project in Texas.
- Analyze information and prepare plans, manuals, and other supporting documents to describe and communicate complex and technical information.
- Capture all operating policies, plans and procedures related to train operations,
- Present policies and procedures necessary to support operations, and
- Translate entire documents, manuals, presentations, processes and procedures from Spanish to English.
- Manage the coordination of written products among project workgroups during project development.
- Understand complex information and communicate the information to people with diverse professional backgrounds.
- Develop, gather, and disseminate technical information among partners and stakeholders.
- Study and analyze technical documentation to make proposals and suggest improvements.
- Work with technical staff to make plans, processes and procedures easier to understand.
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding using commercially available computer software tools.
- Standardize content across platforms and media.
- Conduct research on their topics through personal observation, library and internet research, and discussions with technical specialists.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and able to read, interpret and translate documents from Spanish to English, and participate in meetings.
- At least three to five years of experience writing technical plans and documents.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university related to mechanical or electrical engineering or similar discipline.
- Demonstrated technical writing, data management, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience working and coordinating with multi-partner projects as well as a thorough knowledge of the transport industry.
- Computer skills (including Excel, Word, Power Point), valid driver’s license, the ability to access locations under active construction, and the ability to travel to the field and work days, nights, and weekends (as needed).
- Ability to work in the United States.
Contact: Please send cover letter and resume to yallaboard@TexasCentral.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject of your email.