About Texas Central
Texas Central is an investor-owned enterprise with a mission to build the first commercially viable, privately-sponsored high speed rail system serving the public as a common carrier in the United States. The Company will utilize the Japanese Shinkansen N700 which is the safest and best technology to meet the engineering, operating and environmental challenges and conditions in Texas. Texas Central is looking to hire energetic and passionate individuals to work in a team environment to complete this revolutionary project in TexasTexas Central is a Dallas based private company, employing a market-led approach. Unlike other high-speed rail projects, Texas Central Partners is backed by private investors, not public funds.
About This Position
The Real Estate Assistant will report to the Director of ROW, and will be responsible for supporting the Real Estate and Legal Departments on various transactional and litigation real estate assignments.
- The Real Estate and Legal Departments are seeking a skilled, energetic, team-oriented real estate assistant who is self-motivated and can work independently on various transactional and litigation real estate assignments.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Associates’ degree preferred or relevant experience. Notary certification is strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years of solid administrative experience working on large-scale land or real estate transactions in right of way, law firm or energy company setting.
- Significant experience in real estate project acquisition and development work is strongly preferred.
- High level of focus and attention to detail.
- Exceptional quality of work; must be well-organized and efficient, and able to prioritize, multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills, with the ability to communicate well with all levels of other Company employees, external counsel and vendors on simple and complex real estate matters.
- High degree of self-direction and motivation, with excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to uphold standards of complete discretion and confidentiality and exercise good judgment on day-to-day decisions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, GIS and Adobe Acrobat applications.
- Bi-lingual skills in English/Spanish a plus.
- Experience with deeds, property surveys, environmental reviews, and related documents.
Please send cover letter and resume to yallaboard@TexasCentral.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject of your email.
Texas Central is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities