About Texas Central
Texas Central is an investor-owned enterprise with a mission to build the first commercially viable, privately-sponsored high speed rail system serving the public as a common carrier in the United States. The Company will utilize the Japanese Shinkansen N700 which is the safest and best technology to meet the engineering, operating and environmental challenges and conditions in Texas. Texas Central is looking to hire energetic and passionate individuals to work in a team environment to complete this revolutionary project in TexasTexas Central is a Dallas based private company, employing a market-led approach. Unlike other high-speed rail projects, Texas Central Partners is backed by private investors, not public funds.
About This Position
The Vice President, Business Opportunity Program reports to the Managing Director, Economic Opportunity and will lead a strategic effort to ensure that Texas-based small, rural, minority, woman owed businesses have access to information and resources to support high-speed rail vendor qualification. This position is responsible for planning, research, consultative, technical and program administration activities, to include developing procedures for the business opportunity program implementation. The Vice President may supervise two Business Opportunity Program Coordinators and works collaboratively to establish and meet program goals and objectives.
- Serve as leader of the Business Opportunity Program, and supervise the Business Opportunity Program Coordinators.
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications and plans in order to receive funding for various business opportunity training programs.
- Prepare service delivery contracts and training agreements.
- Ensure assigned program activities and grant requirements are implemented successfully.
- Actively initiate and develop relationships with the Corridor, Dallas and Houston based businesses, organizations and agencies, through scheduled visits and professional engagement, which will enable the program to provide solutions including customized training and/or related business services.
- Respond appropriately to assigned referrals, prospective business inquiries and other “warm” leads as requested. Research businesses and organizations to identify and assess qualified business leads.
- Work collaboratively with staff to identify appropriate solutions for each business.
- Identify curriculum needs and provides curriculum development for target populations.
- Maintain an electronic system to collect client information and activity.
- Assist in the development, preparation, and distribution of program promotional materials.
- Promote awareness of the Workforce Development Program through cross targeted marketing/networking endeavors.
- Participate in local and statewide committees/organizations in order to enhance and expand opportunities.
- Gather, analyze and process program data as required.
- Prepare materials for and support completion of monthly reports and budgets as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bacheor’s degree in business, science or other related discipline and related experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of experience in industry of business opportunity development and/or research and development arena.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Demonstrated experience in business development.
- Experience in the identification of resources and development of partnerships with organizations that support business growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, internet searches and social media platforms.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, organize, problem solve, and exercise good judgement with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to collaborate with team members across the organization to successfully meet goals and objectives.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to organization mission.
- Ability to multitask and set priorities; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; and demonstrated resourcefulness in working effectively under time pressure.
Please send cover letter and resume to yallaboard@TexasCentral.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject of your email.
Texas Central is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities