About Texas Central
Texas Central is an investor-owned enterprise with a mission to build the first commercially viable, privately-sponsored high speed rail system serving the public as a common carrier in the United States. The Company will utilize the Japanese Shinkansen N700 which is the safest and best technology to meet the engineering, operating and environmental challenges and conditions in Texas. Texas Central is looking to hire energetic and passionate individuals to work in a team environment to complete this revolutionary project in TexasTexas Central is a Dallas based private company, employing a market-led approach. Unlike other high-speed rail projects, Texas Central Partners is backed by private investors, not public funds.
About This Position
The Vice President, Workforce Development Program reports to the Managing Director, Economic Opportunity and will provide strategic direction and tactical leadership for the workforce development program. Additionally, lead the implementation of the Transportation Workforce Opportunities (TWO); a multi-year strategy to inform the community of expected career technical job opportunities and robust training opportunities. This person is responsible for planning, research, consultative, technical and program administration activities, to include developing procedures for the workforce development program implementation. The Vice President may supervise two Workforce Coordinators and works collaboratively to establish and meet program goals and objectives.
- Serve as leader of the workforce development program and supervise Workforce Development Coordinators.
- Lead the development of program policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with applicable local, state and federal policies and statues in coordination with various staff members and departments. Specifically, lead the implementation of the Transportation Workforce Opportunities (TWO) strategy.
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications and plans in order to receive funding for various workforce training programs and ensure program activities and grant requirements are implemented successfully.
- Prepare service delivery contracts and training agreements.
- Identify, develop and maintain workforce development partnerships and network.
- Develop effective working relationships with employers (Texas Central contractors and sub-contractors) and maintain regular contact in order to monitor employment satisfaction.
- Assess staffing needs for career technical opportunities of employers (Texas Central contractors and sub-contractors) and track placement and retention outcomes for program participants
- Assess training/certification requirements for technical career opportunities and work with external partners to develop robust training program. Track candidate admission and completion of training programs.
- Serve as cross-functional team lead in developing program marketing materials including brochures and other methods to advertise program services.
- Market all programs to businesses and community-based educational institutions and organizations.
- Prepare materials for and support completion of monthly reports and budgets as requested.
- Gather, analyze and process program data as required.
- Maintain an effective filing system to support programs and client relations.
- Organize, plan, and execute workforce development events as necessary for various assigned projects.
- Provide input to Managing Director, Economic Opportunities and make recommendations for improvements to programs
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bacheor’s degree in public administration, business, human resources or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least seven years of relevant experience.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
- Demonstrated experience in training and workforce development and project management.
- Extensive experience in career sourcing strategies and resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, internet searches and social media platforms.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, organize, problem solve, and exercise good judgement with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to collaborate with team members across the organization to successfully meet goals and objectives.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to organization mission.
- Ability to multitask and set priorities; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; and demonstrated resourcefulness in working effectively under time pressure.
Please send cover letter and resume to yallaboard@TexasCentral.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject of your email.
Texas Central is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities