The Utility Coordinator for Texas Central reports to the Director Fixed Facilities and Infrastructure and is responsible for overseeing the strategy, planning and execution of the Utility Management Program for the Texas Bullet Train Project extending between Dallas and Houston. This includes all phases of the project, including development, design, construction, testing and commissioning and initiating passenger service.
Texas Central Description
Texas Central is an investor-owned enterprise with a mission to build the first commercially viable, privately-sponsored high speed rail system serving the public as a common carrier in the United States. The Company will utilize the Japanese Shinkansen N700 which is the safest and best technology to meet the engineering, operating and environmental challenges and conditions in Texas. The sponsor and developer of this initiative is Texas Central Partners, LLC. Texas Central is looking to hire energetic and passionate individuals to work in a team environment to complete this revolutionary project in Texas.
- Build or continue to build relationships with utility companies interfacing with the project and represent the interests of the Texas Bullet Train Project
- Develop Utility Management Program for Texas Central
- Arrange for permanent utility service to Texas Central Permanent Facilities
- Coordinate with legal counsel and negotiate agreements with each utility owner for permanent service
- Provide oversight of the Civil Design-Build Contractor’s compliance with their responsibilities regarding utilities
- Provide oversight of the Core Systems Design-Build Contractor’s compliance with their responsibilities regarding utilities
- Ensure Texas Central fulfills Owner responsibilities for Utilities in Design-Build Contracts
- Assists with design activities by attending meetings, reviewing documents, coordinating activities, ensuring all parties receive and review ongoing information, facilitating site visits, improving coordination, and identifying right of way easements
- Coordinate with Real Estate Group and research prior rights issues and franchise agreement issues
- Negotiate and develop license agreements with utility owners for utility relocations on Texas Central property
- Assists with construction activities by improving coordination, identifying roles, assigning responsibilities, obtaining schedules, and resolving conflicts
- Track and monitor progress of the permitting and relocation efforts
- Verify Record (As-built) drawings
- Verify contractor’s quantity calculations and cost estimates (material and labor)
- Coordinate with Safety and Community Relations personnel and the design-build contractor regarding utility strikes and public safety issues regarding utilities and resolution of public complaints and concerns.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree from an accredited university.
- Texas Professional Engineering license preferred
- Strong use of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word
- Extensive experience with utility relocation and license agreements
- At least ten years of utility coordination and construction experience in heavy for major infrastructure projects, including rail, design-build, and/or other complex projects.
- Demonstrated technical writing, data management, verbal communication, presentation, and scheduling skills.
- Demonstrated regulatory and technical knowledge related to utility construction. Experience coordinating with utility companies in Texas.
- Valid driver’s license; the ability to access locations under active construction; and the ability to travel to the field and work days, nights, and weekends as needed.
- Experience interacting with local communities.
Please send cover letter and resume to yallaboard@TexasCentral.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject of your email.
Texas Central is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities